Jun 17, 2023
Have you ever wondered what your DNA says about your diet and hormones? Well in today’s episode we are going to explore the connection between genetics and popular diets like keto, vegan, and low carb. Additionally, we'll explore how DNA reports can help us better understand our hormones and their impact on our health.
Kashif Khan the Chief Executive Officer and Founder of The DNA Company, where personalized medicine is being pioneered through unique insights into the human genome. He is also the host of the Unpilled podcast.
Growing up in Vancouver, Canada in an immigrant household, Kashif developed an industrious entrepreneurial spirit from a young age. Prior to his tenure at the DNA Company, Kashif advised a number of high-growth start-ups in a variety of industries.
As Kashif dove into the field of functional genomics as the CEO of The DNA Company, it was revealed that his neural wiring was actually genetically designed to be entrepreneurial. However, his genes also revealed a particular sensitivity to pollutants.
Now seeing his health from a new lens Kashif dove further and started to see the genetic pathways that led to his own family’s challenges, and the opportunities to reverse chronic disease. His measure of success is not in dollars earned, but in lives improved.
In this episode:
• How Kashif’s discovery about his own DNA led him to become more entrepreneurial.
• A situation that made Kashif realize how our bio-individuality is so important.
• Identifying which processes and jobs your body struggles with.
• How DNA records help you proactively support your health.
• Why the healthcare system doesn’t adequately support female hormone health.
• The vitamin D issue that Kashif’s mother had and how he was able to help her.
• The purpose of looking for red flags in the genome.
• Treating the root cause of dysfunctions and not just focusing on the symptoms.
• Why functional medicine is uniquely good at treating various problems.
• Informing epigenetic habits and creating positive health changes.
• The intertwining nature of your body’s systems and cascades.
• Looking at biological maps to indicate exactly where to intervene.
• Changes in estrogen during menopause and other related symptoms.
• Signs that we’re not designed for living in today’s world and why detox can help.
• Why the hormonal cascade is so sensitive.
• The difference between being estrogenic compared to androgenic dominant.
• Estrogen toxicity and the associated symptoms that often come along with it.
• Supplements that may work best for you and what your body specifically needs.
• Why your body could struggle with heavy metal detoxification.
• How your genes can inform your workout routines to achieve optimal results.
• The impact of diet, and finding out if you are more prone to weight gain than others.
• How your body’s processes affect your ideal dosages and timings of supplements.
• The benefits of working directly with functional medicine practitioners.
Get 10% off your DNA Company Report with coupon code KARENMARTEL. Order your kit here.
Have a question for our next Q&A leave me an audio message at https://speakpipe/karenmartel
Interested in joining our NEW Peptide Weight Loss Program? Join today and get the details here.
Today's Podcast is sponsored by Nutrisense. Nutrisense combines cutting-edge technology and human expertise so you can see how your body responds to different food, exercise, stress, and sleep in real time. You can visit www.nutrisense.io/weightloss and use code "WEIGHTLOSS" to save $30 and get 1 month of free dietitian support.
Karen Martel, Certified Hormone Specialist & Transformational Nutrition Coach and weight loss expert.